In short: We guarantee the life of your bird for 30 days. This means, if something happens in that time period that is our fault,
we will replace your bird or refund the purchase price. We guarantee your bird is free from disease, but the bird must be examined
by an avian veterinarian within three days of purchase. Why? Because you can pick up bird germs from pet stores, bird fairs, etc., that didn't
originiate from our aviary. After the three days are up, we no longer will guarantee your bird is disease-free. We require paperwork with the date on it for any reimbursment request.|
Takoda Aviary guarantees that all birds are free from any detectable pathogens at the time of sale. It is highly recommended and a requirement of this guarantee, that the bird(s) be taken to a licensed avian veterinarian for an examination within three business days after purchase. Failure to do so will void the illness clause of this guarantee. An avian examination should include, at least, an exam, wet mount, gram stain, and any other tests the avian veterinarian feels necessary to affirm the bird's health.
All birds are insured against death from problems originating at Takoda Aviary for a period of thirty (30) days from date of purchase. Any bird that expires in this time period must be submitted for a necropsy within seventy-two (72) hours. If necropsy proves beyond doubt that death occurred from problems originating at Takoda Aviary, a full refund for the cost of the bird and the cost of the necropsy will be provided. Takoda Aviary is not responsible for any injury that the bird receives after date of sale, nor any negligence on the owner's behalf.
IN CASE OF ILLNESS, found by an avian veterinarian within three business days from date of sale, Takoda Aviary will either: pay for treatment of the disease (but not the exam); or, replace the bird with one of equal or greater value; or, refund the purchase price and retake possession of the bird in question.
Guarantee is void if all the following requirements are not heeded:
(1) New bird(s) must be quarantined away from all other birds for a minimum of 30 days. Takoda Aviary is not responsible for illness in other birds. Quarantine is the purchaser's responsibility.
(2) If any problems are found with the bird or birds purchased, dated test results must be provided to Takoda Aviary. Bird type and band number must be on any records sent.
(3) Leg band must remain, unaltered, on the bird.
(4) If in the event of death, the bird must be wrapped in paper towels, placed in a plastic bag and refrigerated, until a necropsy can be performed by a licensed avian veterinarian. Necropsy must be done within seventy-two hours after death. Bird type and band number must be on necropsy report. If necropsy proves beyond doubt that death occurred from problems originating at Takoda Aviary, a full refund for the cost of the bird and the cost of the necropsy will be provided.
(5) If any problems are found from the avian exam, Takoda Aviary must be notified within 24 hours.